Last Updated January 8, 1997
Reload often to insure you are seeing the latestMaking a Difference.
There are a variety of not-for-profit organizations for both
sides of the assisted suicide issue. You will find a sampling
of these organizations in the list below.
- The Bereavement and Hospice Support Netline and the Hospice
Foundation of America provide a host of information for those
wishing to use or volunteer with hospice services on a national level
or in their communities.
- The National Right to Life Council offers information and advocacy
resources for those opposed to assisted suicide.
- Choice In Dying is a not-for-profit organization "dedicated to helping
patients and their families participate in decisions about end-of-life
medical care. They provide a number of important tools, including
legal documents known as advance directives and a counseling line
(800-989-WILL), to help ensure that individuals' end-of-life medical
care reflects their own wishes."
- Euthanasia Research &;Guidance Organization (ERGO!), is a nonprofit
educational corporation working to improve the quality of
background research of physician assisted dying for persons who are
terminally or hopelessly ill and wish to end their suffering. Provides
information to the public and counseling for dying patients, provided
that they are competent adults and are at the end-stage of a terminal
- Hospice Foundation of America provides general information about
hospice and specific resources for those who wish to learn about
hospice care or select a hospice near you. Also includes personal
- National Hospice Organization educates about and advocates for "the
fundamental philosophy and principles of Hospice care to meet the
unique needs of each terminally ill person and his or her family."
- National Pro-Life Religious Council holds the mission of articulating
"the historic Judeo-Christian perspective concerning human life
issues." They do this by supporting efforts that discourage and
prevent acts that dehumanize and harm women, the unborn, disabled
persons, the elderly and those who are medically dependent.
- National Right to Life offers a wide variety of resources on the will to
live, assisted suicide and euthanasia issues.
Do you know an organization or service that should be listed here? Please let us
know and we will add it to the list.
[ Return to the News ]
[ Return to the Archives ]
Copyright © 1998 Villagelife.org Inc. All Rights Reserved